Fortnite Maintenance Downtime for the update 22.10 is revealed already and players are expecting the update on work on some major bugs. Below we have broken down everything about the Fortnite Maintenance Downtime for update 22.10 and the major additions to the game.
Fortnite players are confused as the downtime is taking longer to end than was expected. A couple of hiccups regarding the maintenance downtime have come along the way of the season’s initial patch.
If you are an avid Fortnite player, you must have an idea that Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 is already upon us. And as per the available information, update 22.10 is all set to be rolled on the 4th of October 2022.
Considering that it is the first patch for the season, we are expecting it to fix the major bug concerns. But before the update begins, players have to cope with the maintenance downtime. What exactly is the schedule for the maintenance downtime? Scroll down to get the answer.
What Is The Fortnite Maintenance Downtime For 22.10 Update?
As per the official Twitter account of Fortnite Status, the downtime was set to begin at 04:00 ET (08:00 UTC). Revealing the downtime period, a Tweet was shared with the fans that read:
“Unlock the key to victory in Update 22.10, set to release tomorrow October 4! The downtime starts at 04:00 ET (08:00 UTC), with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes prior.”
However, another Tweet was made later on which reported the downtime to begin earlier than it was scheduled. In case you have missed this Tweet, it reads, “Due to an issue, we are entering downtime early. Update 22.10 will still release tomorrow October 4th.”
After this Tweet, we haven’t gotten any further updates about the maintenance. So, the downtime is still live now and we are expecting it to end soon. Further, the developers haven’t revealed the total time that this downtime will prevail.
Though this is not a concerning thing for the majority of players as the maintenance times are scheduled in the early hours, but the die-hard fans may find it a little concerning as the maintenance downtime didn’t take effect as per their expectations and it went live 12 hours before the promised time.
Nonetheless, we are expecting that the update 22.10 will bring along the release of Battle Pass Super Styles. We also believe that the most-awaited ‘Explosive Goo Gun’ will also be part of this update.
When Will The Fortnite Maintenance Downtime For 22.10 Update Start?
The update is also expected to accompany some major fixes to the concerns revealed by the players earlier. Among these issues revealed by a few players are:
- The game players are encountering a blue lobby background.
- While wearing several outfits, hair is clipping through the headwear.
- Menu options on some devices do not work.
- The players have also revealed that the Player Tracker is not counting the Items that are spawned by the Item placer.
- When eliminated in water the Reboot Card sinks.
- Trees under the Chrome Effect are revealed to be angular.
- On iPhone 3, several images are missing
- For some GeForce NOW players on iOS, the keyboard doesn’t pop up.
- Prop movers do not reactivate in a round.
- Flashing colors appear on the screen while pointing the camera downwards when sliding.
- Game status notifications appear lower than they usually do and some of them are even blocking the screen.
- While firing R.O.S.I.E around the players, the screen flashes white.
- The players have further reported that Hexsylvania Lobby music is not playing.
- While copying and cutting on islands, the Glass Galleries do not show placement.
- Even after tapping on the Reset To Last Saved Position Button, the HUD Layout Tool doesn’t return all the buttons to the last saved position.
Alongside the above, several other issues are being reported by the players and they are expecting to rid of these with the new update.
You may also want to read about Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 Competitive Events
This was all the available information about Fortnite Maintenance Downtime For 22.10 Update and the fixes that are expected to come along. Hopefully, the downtime will end in an hour or two.