The new TikTok feature enables you to add captions to your videos, but how to access this feature on the Chinese video-sharing app? Here is all you need to know.
To lead the list of most popular social media applications, all the social media giants are continuously working on adding new features to the platform. Every single is thriving to enhance the user experience in order to retain their old followers and also to attract new users.
Quite similar to many other social media platforms, TikTok is also rolling new updates on the platform. From the recent ‘pin comments’ option to the live streaming option, TikTok has launched several new features on the app in the last few months.
One of its recent updates helps the users add Add Caption On TikTok Videos, here we have provided how this feature can be accessed and used to create more engaging videos. Have a look!
There are two ways to add captions to TikTok videos, you can either add captions manually or by enabling TikTok’s new auto-captioning service. However, several TikTok users have revealed that the auto-captions option doesn’t meet high accuracy thresholds. Hence, users must know the ways to create or edit auto-generated captions.
Here is how you can add captions manually on the TikTok videos.
Before getting into detail, bear in mind that your TikTok app won’t provide all the latest features if you haven’t updated your app in a while. So, to cope with all the latest features, make sure to update your application to its latest version.
- To generate auto captions on your videos initially launch your updated TikTok app and click on the “+” icon.
- Next, tap on the camera button and record a video. You can also upload a video from your gallery.
- Once you have finished recording or uploading the video, tap on the check button that is located in the bottom right corner.
- Following this, tap on the text” button which is located in the bottom of the TikTok screen to write captions. Begin with “CC:” to add signal closed captions.
- After writing the caption, you can change the font style, color and alignment.
- Click on the caption to finalize the time duration and to align it with the audio playing the background.
- This is how you can add and edit the TikTok video captions manually.
To enable the auto caption option for your TikTok videos follow the below steps.
- Launch your TikTok app and tap on the ‘+’ icon to start recording a video.
- Once you are done recording, tap on the red checkmark to hop into the editing corner.
- Here, you will witness an option that reads, ‘captions’, tap on it. Don’t forget to expand the features using moving the arrow.
- Then you will be directed towards a button that reads, “Turn on Auto Captions”. Check this button to turn the auto captions feature on.
- Sometimes, the auto caption generator may omit some words or it may also misspell some of the words. Therefore, check the captions for accuracy and edit it if required.
- Here it is important to note that, you cannot edit the captions once the video is published. So, check the captions vigilantly before you hit the publish button.
As a video watcher, you can see the captions by tapping on the ‘Turn on captions’ option. You can also select your desired language for the video captions.
Also, read about the viral Horse Filter From TikTok
This was all about how to add Captions To your TikTok Videos. Hopefully, the article has provided all the available information about this useful TikTok feature.