Snapchat now lets its users get a 3D Bitmoji Avatar on their profile but how to get it? Here is all you must know about this amazing feature.
Snapchat has always leaded social media applications in terms of innovation. From being the first app to roll filters to the one that comes up with the idea of Avatars, Snapchat has offered a lot to its users.
Considering its popularity across the globe, the snap sharing app is constantly upgrading its features and user interface. Among its popular features, the Snapchat Bitmojis lead from the front. This fun-filled Avatar was initially rolled out for users in the year 2016. However, this fun emoji has now taken a new form. The Snapchat users can now insert a 3D version of Bitmoji into their Snapchat profiles.
Let’s check how the 3D Bitmoji can be generated and applied to one’s Snapchat profile. Stay tuned!
What Is 3D Bitmoji Avatar On Snapchat
The 3D Bitmoji Avatar On Snapchat is the updated version of traditional Snapchat Bitmoji. This updated feature gives users “1,200 combinations of body poses, facial expressions, gestures, and backgrounds.” The 3D bitmoji was launched in the year 2017, just a year after the regular bitmoji was created. However, it now seems as if this popular technology has been extended to profile avatars.
While talking to The Hollywood Reporter, David WhyteSnapchat 3D Bitmoji product designer said that the inclusion of 3D Bitmoji profiles was to make the app more “expressive, fun, and personal.” He further stated that over “70 percent of Snapchat’s 280 million daily active users have their Bitmoji avatar linked to their Snapchat accounts.” Bitmoji is more popular than ever, and it shows!
Some users are unable to understand the variation in their Bitmoji and they have taken it to Twitter. A user named @RT posted on Twitter, “WHY DOES MY SNAPCHAT LOOK LIKE THIS WTF WHY IS MY BITMOJI LIKE THAT”.
So, have you tried this new feature on your Snapchat profile? If not, here is how to do it.
Get 3D Bitmoji Avatar On Snapchat
To get the 3D Bitmoji Avatar On Snapchat follow the below steps:
- Initially, open your Snapchat app and make sure that your app is updated to its latest version. If it isn’t updated, you might not be able to access this newly rolled feature.
- As you launch the app, choose the avatar style Bitmoji Deluxe in My Profile. You may not be able to witness this feature if you don’t have the latest version of Snapchat downloaded on your phone.
- Following this, tap on the Profile icon at the top and scroll to the Bitmoji option.
- Next, tap on the option that reads “Create My Avatar”. From here onwards, follow the instructions on your screen to come up with your personalized Bitmoji.
- If you already have a Bitmoji and you are willing to link it to your Snapchat, all you need to do is click on the Profile icon and then hit Add Bitmoji.
While talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Ba Blackstock, the CEO of Bitmoji said: “It’s not just about having an avatar [where] you have a picture of yourself — that’s pretty easy. It’s more about what can you do with that avatar? What part does it play in your digital life?”
Ba further explained, “Not everyone is comfortable putting photos or videos of themselves online. Bitmoji, in a way, I’ve always thought of it as a kind of digital ID. It really is this essential representation of not just what you look like but your personality.”
Also, read how to Clear Cache On Snapchat
It seems like Snapchat is trying to find new ways to keep its users entertained. The new 3D Bitmoji seems to go so far as users are loving this new feature.