Several Instagram users are reporting that their Instagram handles are being shadowbanned. If you are among such users here is how to remove shadowban on Instagram.
Instagram users across the world are reporting back-to-back issues on the platforms. Earlier this week, users were upset about the removal of the link option and later users were complaining about the Instagram music feature’s glitch.
Following this, users have started complaining about another issue, and this time it is a serious one. Instagram is blocking the content of users claiming that the content doesn’t meet the community guidelines. Earlier this year, TikTok users also reported a similar issue where the application blocked their content from reaching a greater number of audiences.
Most of the time, shadowban occurs on Instagram if your content doesn’t comply with the community guidelines, but how to get rid of shadowban? Here is all we know so far.
What Is Shadowban On Instagram?
Shadowban means your content is blocked from the platform. It may be blocked partially or fully depending on the content you have uploaded. This feature exists on almost all social media platforms including, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.
It is a tool that helps the app cope with content that breaches the community guidelines. As the social media application shadowbans your content, the content reach declines or it isn’t visible at all.
If you are publishing a post on TikTok and Instagram and the number of likes and suddenly decline, you can assume that the video is being shadowbanned. The application will reduce the reach of your future posts as well.
However, many Instagram users aren’t happy with the shadowbanning technique. Several users have reported that they are being shadowbanned for no reason.
One user wrote, “Instagram always want to shadow ban somebody”. “Instagram loves to shadow ban people,” wrote another.
Some users believe that Instagram is shadowbanning all the TikTok videos that are being uploaded on Instagram. A Twitter user wrote, “They shadowban you for uploading TikTok videos on your Instagram. I don’t know why but that’s what a specialist told me, so scratch out the TikTok logo or something if you just have to upload that exact video.”
“When IG knows you tryna promote something they immediately shadowban you. They’re so weird like,” said another user.
Why Has Instagram Shadowbanned My Account?
If you are being shadowbanned on the app, you might have breached any of the community guidelines. Follow the below tips to get rid of the shadowban.
1. You may have to remove all the TikTok videos and promotional content from the platform.
2. Also try logging out of the app and reinstall it.
3. You may also need to take a break from posting content. Try to upload content that doesn’t contain logos of any other platform or company.
4. Do not use any of the hashtags that are being banned on Instagram.
5. Avoid liking, messaging too much because Instagram might consider it a bot activity and it will block you permanently from the platform.
6. Avoid sharing explicit content and links on the platforms.
7. Sharing abusive content and hate speech is also prohibited on the platform.
8. Publishing so many posts in a short time span may also create trouble for you.
9. Read all the guidelines of Instagram and try not to breach any of them in order to avoid being shadowbanned from the platform.
You may also want to read about Instagram Removed The Link Sticker Option
This was all about why Instagram users are facing shadowban on the platform and how to remove this issue. Hopefully, you have got all the information you needed to know.