As the release date for The FFXIV Patch 6.2 is confirmed, players are wondering to know what it exactly is and what would be the maintenance time. If you are among these players, looking for the details related to FFXIV Patch 6.2, we have got your back. Here is everything you need to know.
As per the available information, the FFXIV Patch 6.2 is all set to hit the screens this week while the maintenance time will start even before the players can start exploring Sanctuary (the new island).
For now, it seems as if the Buried Memory expansion will push the world of Final Fantasy into new realms. It will make it possible for the players to grow crops and look after beasts in their own realm.
Besides this, the players will also have to complete fresh quests, explore new features, and a whole new list of changes as part of the preliminary patch notes.
Here we have broken down everything about What Is The FFXIV Patch 6.2 Release Date and what the players need to keep track of.
When Is FFXIV Patch 6.2 Coming?
According to Square Enix, the release date for FFXIV Patch 6.2 is Tuesday, August 23, 2022. Furthermore, the new Buried Memory update will make the game go offline for maintenance. Nonetheless, the downtime will not be as much longer as some of the recent expansions.
The Final Fantasy support team has revealed that the start time for FFXIV Patch 6.2 maintenance is August 22 at 7 pm PDT / 10 pm EDT / 3 am BST (Aug 23).
After the maintenance, the FFXIV servers will come online by 3 am PDT / 6 am EDT / 11 am BST on Tuesday, August 23.
Talking about the maintenance time Square Enix wrote, ““In order to implement Patch 6.2, maintenance will take place on all Worlds… We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your understanding. The Home World Transfer Service and the Data Center Travel System will be suspended 30 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.”
The FFXIV Patch 6.2 Maintenance Time And Patch Notes
The first patch notes for FFXIV: Buried Memory are already being shared by Square Enix, and we are sharing this information below with their courtesy:
- Players can no longer collect items as Disciples of the Hand or Land from certain FATEs.
- New items are available from certain gemstone traders.
- Rewards in the Excitatron 6000 have been adjusted.
- Rewards for Kumbhiraskin Treasure Maps have been adjusted. = Grand and Free Companies
- New Charge symbol options have been added to Company Crests.
- The following additions and adjustments have been made to subaquatic voyages:
- New areas have been added.
- New items have been added.
- Maximum submersible rank has been increased from 95 to 100.
- To address a recent issue with the housing lottery system, an NPC by which players may voluntarily return the deposit they were accidentally refunded has been added.
- Players may speak with the Housing Lottery Clerk in Empyreum (X:10.2 Y:10.2) to voluntarily return their deposit. The amount returned will be compensated with an exchange of an item.
- The registration period for the GATE Leap of Faith has been reduced from 10 minutes to 8 minutes.
- An instant portrait will now be displayed when beginning a game of Doman mahjong.
- The island sanctuary has been added.
- The island sanctuary allows you to create your own personal paradise amidst the natural beauty of the Cieldalaes.Here you can collect resources and materials, build accommodations, grow crops, and more. The goods produced on your island can also be exchanged for various rewards. Cultivate the land, or enjoy the slow life as your minions roam free─the choice is entirely up to you.
The FFXIV Patch 6.2 Maintenance Time And Patch Notes Continued
- Traveling to Your Island Sanctuary
- Players can travel to their island sanctuary at any time by speaking with Baldin in Lower La Noscea (X:24.9 Y:34.8).
- Classes and Jobs
- While it is possible to craft and gather on your island sanctuary, you are not required to unlock Disciples of the Hand or Land to do so. You are free to enjoy these activities using any class or job.
- Your Vision
- Realizing your vision will help you make your sanctuary the best it can be. Visions will appear as objectives in your duty list. As you realize visions, additional goals and development features will become available.
- Islekeep’s Index
- The islekeep’s index is an island-specific HUD element that allows you to confirm important information, switch gameplay modes, and manage your island’s various features.
- Your selected mode influences how you interact with features and creatures on your island.
- Main Menu
- The main menu consists of buttons by which you can confirm important information and manage various aspects of your island.
- Basic Information
- Confirm your sanctuary rank and available currencies.
- Sanctuary Rank
- Your sanctuary rank indicates your experience with subsisting in an island environment and improving your personal sanctuary. Earn island experience by engaging in various activities on your island. The higher your rank, the more features and options will become available to you.
- As development of your island sanctuary progresses, you will earn two types of currency─Seafarer’s Cowries and Islander’s Cowries. These are Cieldalaes-specific currencies to be used at shops that become available on your island.
The FFXIV Patch 6.2 Maintenance Time And Patch Notes Continued
- The hideaway is your base of operations on your island. Here you may build facilities, care for animals, grow crops, and more. You may expand your hideaway as you make progress perfecting your island sanctuary.
- Activities on Your Island Sanctuary
- Players can collect resources and materials on their island, which are then recorded in the islekeep’s index. You can also confirm resource locations and necessary tools.
- Acessing the Sanctuary Crafting Log, you can create items using the materials you’ve acquired in your time spent on your island.
- A variety of structures can be built on your island. Players must first access the logboard in front of a vacant plot, wherein they can confirm what materials are required and how long construction will last.
- It is possible to plant and water seeds to grow a variety of produce.
- You can capture animals on your island and send them to live on the pasture. By taking good care of these animals, you can collect materials from them, which can be used in a variety of ways.
- One of each minion, up to 40, can be released to roam free in the various areas of your island. As they while away the hours wandering about the island, you may find they behave differently when left to their own devices.
- The Cozy Cabin
- The cozy cabin is the primary facility of your hideaway. Here you may access the orchestrion to play your favorite tunes, exchange various items with merchants stationed there, and more.
Patch Notes Continued
- After constructing a granary, you may send a team of exploratory mammets on foraging expeditions to gather materials. After choosing your desired expedition area and the number of days you wish your mammets to forage, they will venture out to gather materials, returning once per day until the foraging expedition is over.
- As you continue to engage in the above activities on your island sanctuary, it will be possible to renovate your facilities to higher levels. Further explanations of island sanctuary features can be found as you continue to realize your vision or by viewing the islekeep’s index.
Leaving Your Island Sanctuary
- You can leave your island sanctuary at any time by boat (X:9.2 Y:28.3) or via use of Return and Teleport.
- Players who are inactive for more than 30 minutes will be moved to lower La Noscea (X:24.9 Y:34.8) automatically.
- It is also possible to visit the islands of acquaintances. Each island has room for up to 16 players to explore at a time.
- Island sanctuary activities such as crafting and gathering cannot be carried out when visiting another island.
- As of Patch 6.2, players will not be able to hear orchestrion music when visiting another island. This will be made possible in a future update.
Visiting Other Islands
- Speak with Baldin in lower La Noscea (X:24.9 Y:34.8) to visit other island sanctuaries.
- After completing the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon,” it is possible to speak with Baldin and visit other island sanctuaries even if you do not possess your own.
You may also want to know about New Playstation Plus Free Games Pack September
This was all about what the release date for The FFXIV Patch 6.2 is and all the essential details about the maintenance schedule and patch notes. Hopefully, the information was helpful.