As Sony has revealed about its new feature ‘Voice Chat’ being added in PS5, players are wondering to know how to use it. If you are among these users who are looking to know how to use discord voice chat in PS5, we have got you covered. Here is everything you need to know about this newly rolled feature from PS5.
The current month seems to be an exciting one for PlayStation gamers. The players got to lay their hands over the free games which included Battlefield 2042, Code Vein, and Minecraft Dungeons. Some more freebies are expected to be offered to the PS Plus Extra and Premium subscribers in the upcoming few months.
Though there is no doubt that being able to lay your hands over freebies is a great deal but what’s even more exciting is that the long-awaited Discord voice chat is finally being rolled on PS5.
As players got to know about the new Discord voice chat feature, they have taken to Twitter and other social media platforms to talk about it. Unable to access the feature, some users are inquiring to know how to use the Discord voice chat in PS5. To help all such users, below we have gathered all available information about the Discord Voice Chat In PS5.
How To Link And Set Up Discord On PS5?
First thing first, you must have a Discord account to be able to link and connect on PS5. It is pretty simple to create a profile on the official register page. Also, take note that you will be required to verify your email address once you set up your profile.
If you already have an account, all you have to do is link your PS5 profile to your Discord. If you have no idea about how to set up the link, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open Discord.
- Next, head towards the connections under the user settings tab.
- Following this, you will be required to click on the PlayStation symbol
- Finally, enter your PSN ID and you are good to go.
Once you have linked PS5 and Discord, you can use the below steps to use the Discord Voice Chat on PS5:
- Open Discord on your mobile or computer.
- Provide the credentials and log into your Discord account.
- Join a voice channel.
- Next, tap on the Join PlayStation option.
- Select your PS5 console name from the list (make sure your PS5 is on)
- You will receive a pop-up notification on your PS5 saying that the voice chat connection has worked.
- Voila! You are all done.
Well, this isn’t yet. We have good news for you and the news is that Discord also works for Xbox players. You will be able to voice chat with your Xbox friends while gaming on your PlayStation.
How To Use Discord Voice Chat PS5?
Some PS5 players have complained that Discord voice chat is not working for them. If you too are suffering from this issue, below we have provided the steps to help you resolve the Discord Voice Chat PS5 not working issue:
- Firstly, open the settings and head towards the system.
- Next, tap on System Software and then go to the System Software Update and Settings.
- If a new version is available, it will appear on your screen.
- Make sure to update the system software to its latest version.
- Once done, the voice Chat will start working for you on PS5.
You may also want to read about Dev Error 5573 On PS5
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to use Discord voice chat in PS5 and fix any issues related to it. Hopefully, you have found all the information you were looking for.