If you have got a new Wi-Fi connection and are trying to secure your network with a strong password, here is How To Change PLDT Wifi Password. Stay Tuned!
Most people use the default passwords as they get new Wifi connections. Experts suggest that default passwords are not safe as they are weak and may get leaked very easily. This may also put your security at risk. To overcome such a situation and to be on the safe side it is important to have strong passwords that meet all strong security passwords. Though it is quite easy to change default passwords to personalized ones, still the majority of people rely on default passwords. Hence, we have come up with this article to enlighten you with all information required to change PLDT wifi password 2021.
Follow the detailed guide provided below on how to change the PLDT password.
How To Change PLDT Wifi Password 2021
If you want to change your PLDT password using your phone, follow the below steps.
- Initially, launch your browser (most preferably Google chrome) and type this address (https://192.168.1.1). It is important to type https in the beginning otherwise you may not get access to Admin Tab.
- Now, tap on the option that reads “Advanced”.
- Next, “Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (Unsafe).
- You will be directed to the login tab. Enter username and password mentioned at the back side of the router.
- Now, open the WLAN tab.
- Here, you will witness the 2.4G Basic Network Settings tab and the passphrase there.
- From here, you can change your password.
- Select a strong password that must contain at least 12 characters, including upper case characters and special characters and digits.
- Once you are done, tap on the apply button.
To avoid unwanted people from getting access to your password you must also change your PLDT admin password. Most of the routers have common passwords and usernames. By default the username is set to admin while the password is 1234, this is known to the majority of people hence you must change it as soon as you get a new connection, to do so, follow the below steps.
Launch the browser and log in to the PLDT admin dashboard.
Open the tab that reads “System Tools”.
Now, tap on the option “Modify login password”.
Input your old password to authenticate and set a new password according to the standard password protocols.
Once you have selected a unique and strong password, click “apply”.
PLDT Fibr Change Password
Even after changing the default password, unwanted people may still have access to your Wifi connection. To restrict them from accessing your private network permanently, directly block their devices. If you don’t know how to block devices on your PLDT network, follow the below steps.
- Get into your admin dashboard using the procedure we have stated above.
- Click on the tab that reads “Status”.
- Here, you will find the User Device information, click on it.
- Copy the MAC address of the device that you want to block.
- Next, open the security tab.
- Tap on “MAC Filter Configuration”.
- Check the “Enable MAC Filter” option if not done already.
- Select new and then paste the MAC address of device you want to block.
- Finally, tap on the apply button.
- Once done, the unwanted devices will still be able to connect to your router but the internet won’t work.
You may also want to know about Visual Effects For Google Meet
To get the most out of your Wifi connection, make sure to regularly update your password and keep the password credentials in a safe place.