Did you know that you can now add Visual Effects For Google Meet? If not, here is all you must know about it.
Thanks to the technological advancements, we can now attend our classes, meetings and other events, virtually using different platforms while staying at the comfort of our homes. One of the most common platforms used for online meetings is Google meet.
The popularity of all these virtual platforms increased with the Corona Pandemic as offices and universities shifted to follow the work-from-home setups in response to lockdowns made across the globes.
Considering the constantly increasing number of users, Google Meet has come up with some eye-catching features. These features can be used by the meeting participants to entertain, educate or show creativity to their fellow participants. If you haven’t these features yet, here is how to add and use the Visual Effects For Google Meet.
What Is Visual Effects For Google Meet
The Visual Effects available for the Google Meet users are some newly added features that help them to present themselves creatively and to educate their participants whilst giving them a dose of entertainment.
On similar platforms like Zoom, there are in-app customized features available for users. These features include replacing the background without necessarily having to install a physical green screen. It also includes some other features that are accessible for users without installing any external extensions.
Unlike Zoom and Microsoft Teams, Google Meet users don’t have access to in-app visual effects. To meet the requirements, users have to add different browser extensions. Below, we have provided a step-by-step guide to add and use the Visual Effects For Google Meet. Follow the steps below to spice up your virtual meetings.
Also Learn about Google Magic and Some Other Google Tricks
How To Use Visual Effects For Google Meet
To get the visual effects, you have to get a Visual Effects Extension that is available in Chrome Web Store for free. This extension is also compatible with Opera and Microsoft Edge, for best results we would suggest you, use it with Chrome.
The extension is safe to use as it is virus free and also doesn’t collect or save your personal data without your knowing. So, rest assured and get this extension without any worry. Also note that the extension may sometime make trouble with Windows 10, overall it just works perfectly.
- Initially, download the extension from Chrome Web Store. To get it, search “visual effect” in the search bar and select the result that appears at the top.
- You can also select any other option if the ratings are good.
- Tap on the “add” button, and then click “add extension” in the small pop-up confirming the operation.
- Following this, visit the official Google Meet page and login using your credentials. Tap on confirm option if it asks to access your microphone and camera.
- Later, select the “take part” or enter option using the link provided to you.
- Now, start a new meeting. Then, the newly added extension will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Hover over the option and select any of the visual effect from the variety of different options available for you.
- Using the extension, you can also add the 2D and 3D effects to your virtual meeting.
After enabling the extension, make sure that the camera is on so that the effects will work properly. If your camera is turned off, the extension may not work.
This was all about how to get Visual Effects For Google Meet and use them. Hopefully, the article has provided all the information you needed to know.